Klick auf das Kreuzchen um das hier auszublenden ->

! Nachricht von: Oliver

Dieses Forum ist im Ruhezustand.

Es hat sich eine neue Gemeinschaft aus Betroffenen und Angehörigen gegründet, die sich weiterhin beim risikominimierenden Absetzen von Psychopharmaka unterstützt und Informationen zusammenträgt. Die Informationen, wie ihr dort teilnehmen könnt findet ihr hier:

psyab.net: wichtige Informationen für neue Teilnehmer

Die öffentlichen Beiträge auf adfd.org bleiben erhalten.

Bereits registrierte Teilnehmer können hier noch bis Ende 2022 weiter in den privaten Foren schreiben und PNs austauschen, aber es ist kein aktiver Austausch mehr vorgesehen und es gibt keine Moderation mehr.

Ich möchte mich bei allen bedanken, die über die geholfen haben, dieses Forum über 18 Jahre lang mit zu pflegen und zu gestalten.

Seit 7 Jahren Psychopharmaka, absetzen nicht möglich

Sammlung von Erfahrungsberichten mit Psychopharmaka.
Antworten
Murmeline
Moderatorenteam
Danksagung erhalten: 2773 Mal

Seit 7 Jahren Psychopharmaka, absetzen nicht möglich

Beitrag von Murmeline »

Seven years on, I still can't get off my antidepressants
Doctors failed to warn Clare Marks of possible withdrawal effects when they prescribed her the drugs

Ein Artikel des Telegraph, UK
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/we ... sants.html
I’ve been taking antidepressants for seven years now. I don’t blame the doctor for prescribing them – it is the lack of information and support I am angry about. No-one warned me there would be withdrawal symptoms. In all the years of repeat prescriptions the GP surgery never got in touch to say 'we need to review this’. I saw the GP twice, both times initiated by me, when I was trying to come off the medication. I wish the doctor had advised the counselling option instead.
I was first prescribed antidepressants when I was 18 and had just started university. I had such high expectations of student life, but everything went wrong. I didn’t like the course I’d chosen - geography – and had nothing in common with the students I lived with. My enormous disappointment gave way to increasing unhappiness and isolation. I stopped going to lectures, cried a lot and was unable to sleep. Eventually I stopped leaving my room for weeks at a time.
The GP said I had two options: counselling, for which there was a 10-week waiting list, or antidepressants. His advice was to take the drugs. It was a short consultation in which nothing was said about the side effects of withdrawal. I was prescribed a medicine called citalopram, at a dose of 20mg a day.
After a few weeks of taking it I began to feel more like my normal self and was sleeping properly, which helped. But a couple of months later the depression crept back. The GP suggested my body had probably grown accustomed to the low dose, and he upped it to 40mg.
When I tried to come off them, I felt dizzy and sick. At first I thought I was ill but it soon became clear it was linked to quitting the pills. I felt so bad, I never lasted off them more than 48 hours. It was the “head zaps” – a sudden feeling of complete dizziness, where you feel out of control of your body - that prompted me to Google the topic and find out if this was normal.
Around six months later I returned to the GP, who advised me to halve my dose to 20mg daily instead of coming off the drugs straight away. She said I would have no withdrawal symptoms by doing this. So I tried it, but the symptoms remained. Every time I tried reducing the dose, I ended going back up to 40mg.

By my third year, I thought there was only one thing for it and decided to go “cold turkey”. This left me a complete wreck, locked in my bedroom and crying for about 10 days. My boyfriend was terrified. And it didn’t work: I started taking the drugs again.
Another GP from the same practice advised me to take it very slowly – to take 40mg and 30mg on alternate days. That was nearly three years ago, and ever since I’ve been trying to lower the dose. I gradually got down to 30mg a day, then 20mg. But I can’t seem to get down from 20mg to 10mg. I try it every couple of weeks but the terrible dizziness returns, which is something I can hardly afford now I’m working a busy job.

I can almost manage taking 10mg every other day but still feel awful on those days. I tend to take the pills when I first wake up because this way, if I begin to feel withdrawal before my next dose, at least I’m in bed.
Murmeline
Moderatorenteam
Danksagung erhalten: 2773 Mal

Re: Seit 7 Jahren Psychopharmaka, absetzen nicht möglich

Beitrag von Murmeline »

Der o.a. Artikel ist quasi ein Contra-Artikel bzw. ein Artikel, der eine ungünstige Verschreibungspraxis und einen Langzeitverlauf zeigt, der dadurch gekennzeichnet ist, dass das Medikament ohne ausreichende Informationen verschrieben und immer weiter verschrieben wurde. Mehrere Absetzversuche (Dosisreduktion bzw. Kaltabsetzen) schlugen aufgrund von starken Entzugssymptomen fehl. Das Problem, dass zur Verschreibung führte (Unsicherheiten an der Universität, Lebenskrise im Hinblick auf Beruf) hat sich längst geklärt. Das Antidepressiva wird weiter genommen, weil es sich nicht ohne lebenseinschränkende Symptome reduzieren lässt.

Es gab noch einen Pro-Artikel:

Antidepressants have kept me happy for years
Experts (in diesem fall Prof. peter Goetzsche) who demonise happy pills do not know what they are talking about
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/ ... years.html

Interessant finde ich diese Sätze:
To cut a long and tear-stained story short, my mum frogmarched me back to the GP, who put me on antidepressants. I have been on them – and very happily, more or less – ever since. I do get miserable sometimes, but it’s usually only when I read, as I have this week, another bit of research from the anti-antidepressant crowd.
When you go to the doctor and they offer you the option of a) antidepressants, which may or may not work right this minute, or b) cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), but only when you get to the end of an NHS waiting list in six months, the preferred option is obvious. That is the first mistake that Prof Gøtzsche makes when he demonises antidepressants: for doctors labouring under cuts to mental health budgets, they are often the only answer they have.
Antidepressant withdrawal is a real doozy of an experience – brain zaps, dizziness, nausea, extreme fatigue – but it can be managed with the help of a doctor. The problem is, most GPs don’t have the time or resources to keep tabs on patients who take antidepressants, and they very rarely bother to encourage anyone to go for CBT sessions once a vacancy eventually comes up.
For the record, a mixture of both CBT and Sertraline has seen me right. It was the Sertraline, one of the most commonly prescribed antidepressants, that provided me with the foundation for recovery, which got me through until therapy was available.
Seen in that light, do antidepressants do more harm than good? Or do the people warning that they do more harm than good actually do more harm than good? Do they frighten already vulnerable people who are short of options and even shorter on patience?
Antidepressants may not be a magic cure-all, but they offer hope to many of us. And the other option – simply doing nothing – is a far harder pill to swallow.
Die Dame nimmt Setralin immer noch - vermutlich als Rückfallschutz. :shock: :cry:
LenaLena
Danksagung erhalten: 331 Mal

Re: Seit 7 Jahren Psychopharmaka, absetzen nicht möglich

Beitrag von LenaLena »

Murmeline hat geschrieben: 25.09.2015 08:48 Der o.a. Artikel ist quasi ein Contra-Artikel bzw. ein Artikel, der eine ungünstige Verschreibungspraxis und einen Langzeitverlauf zeigt, der dadurch gekennzeichnet ist, dass das Medikament ohne ausreichende Informationen verschrieben und immer weiter verschrieben wurde. Mehrere Absetzversuche (Dosisreduktion bzw. Kaltabsetzen) schlugen aufgrund von starken Entzugssymptomen fehl. Das Problem, dass zur Verschreibung führte (Unsicherheiten an der Universität, Lebenskrise im Hinblick auf Beruf) hat sich längst geklärt. Das Antidepressiva wird weiter genommen, weil es sich nicht ohne lebenseinschränkende Symptome reduzieren lässt.
Danke Murmeline!

Das ist fast detailgetreu meine Geschichte :cry:

Nur, dass ich trotz dieser lebenseinschränkenden Symptome weggekommen wollte von "dem Zeug". Der Wille war stärker als die Symptome.
Dafür habe ich jegliche berufliche Karriere geopfert. Opfern müssen. Ich bin/war nicht nur lange Zeit arbeitsunfähig (im Übrigen auch bei jedem Absetzversuch vorher), sondern auch beinahe lebensunfähig.
Finanziell hat mich diese Sache daher auf lange Sicht geschädigt. Danke, liebe Ärzte, liebe Lobbys, liebe Pharma. Möge dieses schlechte Karma auf euch zurückfallen.

LG Lena
► Text zeigen

Zu rasches Reduzieren (nur 5 Monate) nach Langzeiteinnahme, seitdem PWS (PROTRAHIERTES ENTZUGSSYNDROM) seit August 2017

Mein Thread: http://adfd.org/austausch/viewtopic.php?t=14041
Antworten